Thursday, November 26, 2009

HAPPY TURKEY DAY


My Thanksgiving festivities kicked off Wednesday night. Got to see my siblings and that felt really good since we don't hang out all that much. Keisha keeps busy with her job (works for the state & travels all over Oklahoma), Juli lives in Arkansas (buyer for Dillard's) & my baby brother J keeps busy with his job and a lot of hunting, since it is that season. There was defiantly a full house at the Anderson's! All of Mike's (step-dad) family was there. After several attempts we finally got a half way decent family photo.




Above: Liam with Pat's hat on ~ Charlene with her great-granddaughter

Thursday~ Got a chance to actually sleep in and prepare myself for turkey feast #2. This time we went to Wendy's (Hubby's oldest sister) to spend time with his side of our family. I must tell you we had 7 kids there total. 5 boys & 2 girls, all under age 9. The boys just love to wrestle Uncle Mike. I got a good pic of this below

MATHIS BOYS: Ryan, Noah, Ashton, Brody ~ Check out Cameron & Brody :)


Miss Lilly with her Uncle Mike ~ Her first Thanksgiving

Oh Miss Breighlee ~What a doll with her Grandma Shirley. PIGTAILS ROCK!!

The only thing missing was Stephanie, Tony, Natalie & Kaleb. They moved to Texas this year and due to their jobs were unable to make it. Hopefully we will see them at Christmas.

We got to talk to Kyle today and see how his Thanksgiving was going. He said they had some turkey and ham (he swears it was spam in disguise). He had also been outside a lot enjoying the weather. It was actually warmer than normal and made for a beautiful THANKSGIVING! We let him know how much we all love and miss him.

I am thankful for all the people I was surrounded by the last few days. I am thankful my boys are both healthy and know how much I love them. I am thankful my husband and I both have our health minus needing to lose some weight ;) It could be much worse.

After the eating we caught a couple of early black Friday sales (Michael's & Old Navy) then went to have a few drinks with our friends. I must get me a shower & a power nap so I can get my shop on.......I have a strange feeling I will have a story to share about that later.



No comments:

Post a Comment