Wednesday, December 9, 2009

15 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS

Let me start with this, everything in my house is upside down and overwhelming. I've had good intentions but something is missing. Then as I'm comfy & cozy watching TV I hear them say 15 days until Christmas. WHAT??? I can do the math but for some reason hearing it got to me JUST NOW!!

I stayed positive all day at the office actually looking forward to getting home so I could decorate for the season and enjoy the finished product with my family. Ooppss got too cozy. Facebook was entertaining and I got in touch with a girl I went to elementary school with. It did not take much to distract me from what obviously needs to be finished.

I usually have this all completed the weekend of Thanksgiving. Here's the thing. My husband has had the lights up since the first 1st of December. He even took all my bins (0ver 10) down from the attic in hopes I would do the rest. He's done his part! My house is usually a snowman's haven. I am a collector. Everyone knows too so I feel doubly obligated. I can tell you almost every ornament that was given to me by who and at what event. I know weird but that's me!! I just don't have the oomph or spirit this year. I've put more effort into this post then I have my decorating. As I type this Mike has fallen asleep and snoring next to our poor pathetic non decorated tree. I took advantage of the moment. He will appreciate me for it too.

I NEED A DRASTIC SHOT OF HOLIDAY FESTIVENESS!!

My house has to go through a major transformation and quickly. I am hosting a party next Tuesday for the love of everything unholy. Somethings got to give! I feel guilty and even embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment