Sunday, December 13, 2009

IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS


Today was a great day to say the very least!!!

I achieved goal #1 ~ get my house ready for the holiday season. I started with finally getting the main tree in the living room decorated. It's my version of a mini winter wonderland. It has bright colored snowflakes on a white ribbon as garland. Then layers in nothing but hats, sweaters, mittens, snowflakes & SNOWMEN!! I only displayed about 1/4 of the snowmen I usually display. Maybe next year I'll get an earlier jump on my decorating. The stockings are hung on the mantel that is also full of snowmen and plenty of white lights. I love the snowmen because they do not have to come down right after Christmas Day. Snow does not end just because Christmas is over.


I must comment on this picture because I just love how at peace Mr. King is on the couch. That is exactly how I feel now that my house is festive. I just want to lay on the couch and stare off and think about good times. Like how much fun my boys have had at home on Christmas mornings past or how we would turn out all the lights and lay around the living room just using the glow from the tree and decorations while watching Christmas movies.
Is most definatly the little things that mean the most to me during this season.

The remainder of the day was spent baking, taste testing and girl talk with Cyndi. I made quite a mess with the flour and I must say that stirring is not an easy task. The more stuff you add to the batter the harder it gets to stir. I know my arm will be sore tomorrow. We made fudge (never attempted before in my life), no bake cookies, chocolate chip cookies w/pecans & oatmeal cookies w/coconut & pecans. I sure enjoyed hanging out with Cyndi today. It was much needed. Remember she has a cute website with lots of great food ideas and a blog. Check it out!
WWW.CUPCAKESANDCASSEROLES.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment