Saturday, January 16, 2010

STARTING MY WEEKEND / JEWELRY

This week has been a rough one to say the least. I decided to get a cup of coffee this morning and thanks to my friend Joyce I got google happy looking up songs on my laptop. Really put me in a good mood. Brought back some happy memories! I listened to one of my all time favorites and decided to share with you. I absolutely LOVED this song when it first came out, Still do. It's called BRING ON THE RAIN by Jo Dee Messina & Tim McGraw. Click on the all caps title and listen for yourself. Pretty much sums up my mood for the weekend to come.

This post would not be complete without me sharing this song too. It was a song I heard by Sara Evans (when Kyle's trouble first started) YOU'LL ALWAYS BE MY BABY. Again click on the all caps title and listen for yourself.
This song has so much meaning behind it for me. Listen to the words, I played it for Kyle one day we both just cried and cried. I love him more than he will every comprehend. Maybe when the day comes that he has children of his own he will start to understand. If you think my eyes are dry as I type this, you are crazy.

I am going to gather my composure and make this day an enjoyable one. I've got friends coming over this afternoon to meet up for a little shopping trip. Saving them some major bucks on name brand perfume. Hey, I'm a FREAK about my perfume collection so I might as well pass some of it on to my girlfriends too. Besides that's what friends are for, right?

I might even bust out the jewelry making stuff and make me a new piece or two. I could not tell you the last time I have done this. Maybe it will do me some good to run to a bead store I have not been to in a long time. It's a newer store and she has her shop set up sooo stinking cute. Sounds like a plan to me! I did not see a website but she does have a blog. ARTWORKS BEAD STUDIO You can also find her on facebook NINA BROWN. I'm a fan. Matter of a fact, I noticed she started carrying some super cute hats too. Go check her out sometime.

Hopefully this is the beginning to an enjoyable weekend for everyone. Go do something that brings you joy & happiness.

**UPDATE** Diana and I ended up getting to go visit Nina after all. I could not be more excited about the beads I picked out for a project for myself. Diana actually picked out something she wants me to make for her as well. Nina was so super sweet. Just darling and VERY helpful. She even allowed me to take a pic of something she made so I could kind of work off of it. I plan to play off her pattern making some adjustments of my own using different style beads and a tad different color. I never make necklaces with 2 or more strands but I saw this and felt challenged. I don't know why I just never do those. When I see them on other people I LOVE THEM. I know I am strange. So, I am totally going to attempt this. Here is a sneak peak of what I am basing this project off of so you get a general idea:
Now this has a chunky peace sign and that is not my thing so I picked a piece that suits me better. I promise to post pics of both mine and Diana's jewelry when I am finished.

** THANKS AGAIN NINA FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND SPENDING SO MUCH TIME WITH US **
I LOVE YOUR STORE AND LOVE THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE SO MANY UNIQUE PIECES TO CHOOSE FROM!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girlie I am glad to see that you are doing better. I hope your weekend goes well. Always enjoy reading your blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete